Originally Posted 3/27/16
Please join me. In this world where anger and frustration seem to be the new norm it is time to STOP the rest of the world and flush those toxins out. The weather is warmer. The nights are clearer and Peace is needed.
Come sit with me whenever you wish. You’ll find me on the front porch with tea in hand, an open heart and Reiki flowing for all.
Come listen to the tree frogs and spring peepers singing their happiness. Hear the Whip O’Wills serenading the night sky while the crickets become their symphony in the background. Allow the occasional hoot of a nearby owl remind you of the wisdom of silence. There is another whole world out there if we only stop long enough to allow it into our hearts and souls.
Come sit and leave the rest of the world behind for just a little while. Please take this time to recharge your soul.
The porch is now open. Please... take a few moments for yourself today and come sit. It is a bit chilly out. There are blankets on each chair. Wrap up, bring some tea and sit within the peace. These next 2 weeks are for you. All I ask is that you honor yourself. Namaste!
Originally Posted 3/20/16
Handed down from Grandmother to Grandmother is the wisdom of the Universal Laws. Wisdom that brings to life a simpler, gentler way of living. I believe in the Grandmothers and what they teach us so much that I have offered it in my empowerment course to keep it alive. Today I am being prompted to share it openly now. For as much as we need to live by man made legal laws, we also need to live these as well.
From my Mentors Course....
"There are man made laws and then there are Universal Laws that require you to live differently then you may have been up to this point in time.
1. The Law of Love.... Everyone talks about “love”. Love is not an emotion. It is an action because you “are” love and you are alive. Unconditional love is the greatest gift you can give to others and yourself. To simply love is the greatest freedom there is. No one can ever stop a soul from loving another soul or from loving themselves.
2. The Law of Karma.... You get what you give. If you give “good”... it will come back around and you will receive good. If you choose to live from a place of negatives (revenge, jealousy, anger, fear, etc) this is what will come back to you. Your thoughts, motives and actions create your reality and your future. Do not hold on to the results of your actions. Give to simply give. Do good just because it is what you feel in your heart. You may not see the results right away, but you will see them. Trust in the process. Trust in yourself.
3. The Law of Death and Rebirth.... You grow... continuously. Each time you surrender to the journey you die to who you were and are reborn into who you were born to be. This is a continuous cycle throughout your lifetime. It ends when you die physically. Until then, you continuously grow into who you were born to be and leave behind the image that society tries to give you.
4. The Law of Forgiveness.... You may have been able to forgive others easily. The question is... how easily can you forgive yourself for being human? Until you release all negative feelings of hate, anger, intolerance, criticism, etc towards others you remain a prisoner of your own making. Forgive yourself for allowing this to happen and then forgive those who brought these feelings to life. Does this mean you will never feel any of them again? No! It means you will be able to recognize them and release them easier then you used to. It is a continuous healing cycle that you will never outlive. It is also a cycle that will show you your most growth by how long it takes to release these kinds of feelings easily.
5. The Law of Abundance.... The hardest part of stepping out of the way of abundance is to trust, to surrender, to not worry, to BELIEVE that what is in your best interest is being brought to you. Now visualize, feel, and know that what is needed is on its way. Do not hold any thoughts of poverty or lack. Just BELIEVE!
6. The Law of Unification.... A drop of the Divine is in each one of us. No one is separate from another. What happens to one, happens to all. Look at the earth and what is happening to her. It does affect all of us. Live from this concept and your actions will reflect this to the world.
7. The Law of Empowerment.... You have the ability to either give your power away to another or to empower yourself. The only real power we ever have is in how we act in the world. If we “react”, we give our power away. If we “respond”, we empower ourselves. The act of empowerment is in how we ourselves act. This includes our thoughts and emotions, not just our physical actions.
8. The Law of Right Human Relations.... This is based on the Principle of Goodwill. The Principle of Goodwill is concerned with the welfare of others and world peace. This is our basic intention to do good will. To do good simply for the sake of doing good... no expectations... to just give."
The Universal Laws bring us a different way of life. For me... it is a more fulfilling way. I wish you the beauty that they hold. Namaste!
Originally Posted 3/13/16
What’s one of the first things you do in the morning? Me? I head for my first cup of coffee. I could just drink it and ‘get on with my day’, OR, I can enjoy it… truly enjoy it by realizing that it’s more than ‘just a cup of coffee’. How I ‘feel’ after that first cup will stay with me the rest of the day. I’ve learned over time that when I embrace it as a gift I have a much better day!
Following you will see four reasons that my days start a bit better. I’m glad I could share them with you. I wish you peace in your heart and stars in your eyes, for if they are shining there can be nothing else but peace.
1. That first sip of coffee in the morning…. Sip it with the knowing that the day will bring blessings… as long as you are open to them. Welcome them with an open heart.
2. We’ve all heard of an “Attitude of Gratitude”. Yet, many do not realize just how important it really is to be grateful for not only the good, but the bad, ugly and even indifferent. Keep that door open for all of life lessons that come to you…no matter how they show up. Each and every one has made you the person you are today. Celebrate that!
3. Beauty… There’s days I can’t even see the beauty in myself. Yet, I can see it in a flower or butterfly. If I keep looking for the beauty in those things eventually during the day I see it in myself as well. Start your day searching for the beauty, and before the day is over your own beauty will find you.
4. Embrace each moment of your day with a bit of wonder. Never take a breath for granted as “it just is” because you’re alive. Wonder brings the magic out in life.
Blessings ~ Gratitude ~ Beauty ~ Wonder ~ and a healthy dose of Love… Magic! May your day be filled with Magic! May your blessings find you and fill you with gratitude to match the beauty that you are and the wonder you bring to this world by simply sharing your love.
Originally Posted 3/5/16
Growing up I would watch my Grandma as she did certain things a certain way and wondered what was so special about her ways compared to what others did. She always looked much younger than what she was. She left her secrets behind for me in a box I found while going through her things.
There was a card on the box and it read - "inside you will find the secrets to your life."
Inside the box was the jar of cream she used to use as a child. The special salt shaker that seasoned her dinners long ago. And several bottles of water - that were still sealed. As she picked up each item there was a note attached to it.
1. The cream said, "You can find me in any drugstore - but I will be empty until you fill me with love. If you place a layer of love between you and the outer world your skin won't get hard."
2. The salt shaker said, "You can get me at any food store - but I will be empty until you fill me with compassion. With compassion deep inside of you, you will never feel indifference to the world."
3. The water said, "You can find me in any store - but I will be empty until you fill me with awareness and respect. With this cleansing your body - your soul will never be absent or disrespectful to yourself or anyone else."
There was a fourth note which said, "Teach those you know to believe, to trust, to love, to have compassion, awareness and respect. I will be with you forever. I love you, Grandma."
I’ve never looked at life the same. Come join in my Grandma’s blessings… YOU deserve it!