Originally Posted 6/26/16
For the first time since I've been writing this blog I actually missed a week.
Rich went to the ER on Father's Day with what he thought was a bad case of food poisoning. What it turned out to be was a ruptured appendix with gangrene setting in and very small window of time left to work with. Post operation, this past week has been spent at the hospital checking on him and how well his healing was coming.
Through all of it I realized several things.
1. First and foremost death knows no age and I am grateful that it did not claim him at this time. He is one of my closest friends who has made such a huge difference in my life.
2. We should never wait until there is a crisis to see the blessings in our lives no matter how much chaos there is on a daily basis.
3. We are given the opportunity daily to make a difference in the lives of others. Please do.
4. We are each here for a reason. That reason is not the daily grind that each of us are used to getting so bogged down in.
5. We truly need to realize that each breath we take is a gift and start living life as a reflection of that gift.
So I ask you today to please recognize and accept that each of you are a blessing in my world. Thank you for being here to share life with.
I wish you peace in your heart and stars in your eyes, for if they are shining there can be nothing else but peace.