Originally Posted 6/5/16
The 3 R’s…. Rest… Relax… Replenish. Simple little words with huge impacts on lives. What do you do to make sure each of these ‘necessities’ are truly within your life?
Let’s take Rest first. What can you do to bring more rest, more down time into your life? How much quiet time will it take to unplug from the world around you? Is 15 minutes enough? Do you need more? Can you do with less?
My favorite ‘breaks’ from the rest of the world are easy and cost free (except for the cost of my health if I do not remember to take them).
1. Sit! Sit with a cup of tea, coffee, juice for 15 minutes. Just sit. No cell phone. No reading. No interruptions.
2. Make making a meal more than just going through the motions. Concentrate on what you are ‘creating’ so the rest of the world slowly drips away. You can actually do this with any task that is needed to be done in the house. That can be anything from vacuuming to laundry. It will work as long as you do it consciously.
3. Go outside and put your hands in the dirt or mow the lawn. Take a walk around your own backyard and see what has grown lately. Focus on what is directly in front of you without thinking about what still needs to be done for the day.
1. While you’re sitting with that cup of tea close your eyes and listen to the birds.
2. Don’t rush through any of those tasks that need to be done. Actually ‘enjoy’ each moment that you are doing them. By enjoying what you’re doing your body will literally relax and enjoy the rest.
3. Sit with your back to a tree, eyes closed and simply ‘feel’ what is around you. No expectations. No judgment on how you look.
1. By allowing the energy to flow through you while you’re sitting with your eyes closed, tea in hand, and just being... you are accepting the fresh energy that is seeping in. You’ll feel as if you’ve had a nap and it was really worth it.
2. As silly as it may sound, physical exercise, even with just doing tasks around the house, helps flush out stagnant energy and make room for the new vibrant energy that is waiting for you.
3. Nature itself is extremely healing and refreshing. Please do remember to make the time to reconnect with it as often as you can so it can replenish what this world seems to take from all of us.
Most of all remember…. YOU are worth every single second of each of these 3 R’s.
I wish you peace in your heart and stars in your eyes, for if they are shining there can be nothing else but peace.