Originally Posted 4/24/16
Everyone does their fair share of Spring Cleaning. Yet so many simply go through the motions of shifting clothes (thoughts, relationships, hopes, dreams) from one season to the next. It’s all become just a part of life.
This year when you’re cleaning out your ‘closet’ truly look at what you have, what you don’t, what matters and what really doesn’t matter anymore.
I just got done with mine. These are the questions that came to me during the process of making room for a new season, a new opportunity… a new start.
1. Have I outgrown it? Have you? Have you outgrown what’s in your closet or what’s surrounding you in your life?
2. Do I still need to grow into it? Is there something that you’ve held onto that still has purpose in your life that you just. don’t. quite. fit. into. YET? Or… is it time to let that dress… pair of shoes… option in your life go?
3. Does it compliment who I am now? Does that dress that you love so much really show off who you are right this second? Does that friend, job, relationship reflect who you are while it helps you continue to grow into the best you possible?
4. Is it something that I’ve had for so long that it’s just become complacent in my life? You know that t-shirt with the holes or the one with the stains on it, that ‘comfy one’… has it become just a part of your life? Are you so used to seeing it that you don’t even realize it’s time to maybe, just maybe put it to rest for good? Is there a situation in your life that is very much like this? One that has become a ‘comfort zone’ even if it’s not in your best interest to be there anymore?
5. Does it bring the passion out in my eyes? Those favorite shoes… have they lost their ‘magic’? That hobby that you’ve had forever… has it lost its ‘magic’? Are there situations, people, places or even beliefs that have fizzled over the years and you haven’t really noticed? Look now please.
6. How do I look when I put this on? Do you show the world who you really are by the way you look or do you wear a mask to be safe in the world? How do people really see you? Is there anything you need to ‘clean out’ in order to give the world a clearer picture of who you really are?
7. Is my closet (mentally, emotionally and physically) too full to hold this item? In other words… do I really have room for this in my life? Or is it taking up space it shouldn’t be in?
Do you have room in your closet, in your life, for the ‘new’ to find you? Don’t limit yourself by overcrowding your life with things that no longer belong there. Spring Clean and welcome in the new miracles!
I wish you peace in your heart and stars in your eyes, for if they are shining there can be nothing else but peace.