Originally Posted 5/22/16
Welcome to another day of Sunshine! It looks like Spring out there. Soon enough.
My Grandma always told me, "Plant all your ideas in the Winter, cause you'll get to grow them by Spring". It amazes me how much I used to listen to her. I've been "planting ideas" with my writing. I'm "growing" books if I look at life through Grandma's eyes.
She was right. And we can do this with anything. You know all those "to do lists" that we make for our dreams? Well, think about it. A few easy steps and a lot of work and we can create our dreams.
1. Start with the list. Grandma was a firm believer in lists. She always had a dream simmering on the back burner.
2. Imagine what you want that dream to really look like when it's all done and alive in this reality. For me... that's the cover. The cover makes my work "come alive" for me.
3. Here's the hardest part..... COMMIT to doing ALL of the work that is necessary in order to bring your dream to life. When I got my book back from my editor I realized how much more work was needed to fix ALL of the corrections that Ellen found. I had never seen so many commas in my life! lol But I stuck it out, and I'm glad I did.
4. All the hard work in the world, along with all the to do lists in the world will do you absolutely no good to create an awesome dream if you don't believe in yourself and what you are doing. This is essential in order to do anything in life.
5. Accept that it won't be a smooth road and be prepared to work around the roadblocks that will be set in front of you to make you grow in ways you didn't know you could.
6. Enjoy the success that you can create. Enjoy being who you are. Be prepared to get up each morning... look in the mirror... see yourself... your soul.. through your own eyes and share who you are with the world.
These are 6 steps that truly do work. Commitment and belief in yourself may not seem like something you would need to actually write down on a to do list, but please do. To see those words written in front of you will bring them to life and give them so much more power. The purpose of the list is to give you more power, more knowing that your dream will take root in this reality. Write your list and show the world what you're really made of. I'd love to know what you create!
I wish you peace in your heart and stars in your eyes, for if they are shining there can be nothing else but peace.